Kotlet is easy to make, easy to eat and easy to serve. This is a great place to start.
Ingredients (Makes about 8 patties..depending on size)
- 1/2 pound sirloin ground beef
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1/2 medium sized onion
- 2 egg whites
- Spices: 1 teaspoon of each saffron, cumin, turmeric
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Ok, you are ready!
1. Place the meat in a bowl
2. Wash the onions and potatoes, then grate them into the bowl
3. Add the egg whites and spices, salt, pepper
4. Mix with hands (wear gloves, this gets messy!)
5. Scoop individually with your hands, roll each into a ball, then flatten. Oval shaped as you see in the picture
6. Put some olive oil on the pan and place the patties on the pan with some distance between each
**little trick here! Take a very small piece of the one of the patties and place on the pan, fry it a bit, then taste it to assess whether you need any more spices etc.
7. Once all patties are placed on the pan, fry on low heat. Stay near! Flip them when seems crispy/darker a bit.
8. When done, place on a platter as seen above.
In the picture above, it is garnished with parsley and some lightly fried tomatoes in olive oil, with a little salt and pepper. I leave this part up to you!
And…Nooshe Jan! (Farsi for Bon Appetit!) You can eat this plain as is, with some pita bread, with some rice… etc!
If you have any additions to this recipe/suggestions/comments, share it below!
Would love to know how it turns out!